2014年7月6日日曜日

An Ideal Reading List for Teachers

by sarah at Tch
About this time last year, I came upon a beautiful book in our public library. 

It captured me with its cover, drew me in with the concept, and immediately made me feel like I was among friends. 

My Ideal Bookshelf surveys all kinds of authors, asking them: What books would make up your ideal bookshelf?

As I read what others put on their lists, I was immediately inspired to envision my own ideal bookshelf. 

It’s not as easy as it sounds. 

Some books come to mind right away, but as you start to think more deeply, you might remember books that had a nuanced
 effect on you, or map to a certain time in your life. 

After thinking about my personal ideal bookshelf I turned to building a professional one, and then one for new teachers. 

I hope my lists inspire you to create your own lists. Check it out, pass it along, and start curating!

bookshelf
本棚、書棚

come upon
〔偶然に〕(人)に出会う、~を見つける

capture someone's heart with a gift
プレゼントで(人)の心をつかむ

 envision
〔将来のことを〕想像する、心に描く、思いを巡らす

nuanced beauty of the music
その音楽の微妙な美しさ

nuanced performance
繊細な[味のある]演技[演奏]

nuanced picture
微妙な差異を明らかにする全体像

survey
〔景色などを〕見渡す、見晴らす
~を概観[概説]する
〔詳細に〕~を調査[検査]する
〔土地を〕測量する
〈英〉〔建物を〕測量する、査定する
〔人に〕世論調査を行う

curate
〔美術の展覧会などを〕監督する

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿